Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

A Saint Gabriel Lalemant Chaplet



A St. Gabriel Lalemant Chaplet, Jesuit Martyr of North America

Three Our Fathers, three Hail Marys, and three Glorias in worship of Our Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - the Trinity for whom St. Gabriel Lalemant willingly died that the aboriginal peoples of North America might come to know our Saviour Jesus Christ and live forever in Him.


St. Gabriel Lalemant, SJ: 
"My God and my Saviour, it is my duty to requite the obligations I have toward you.  You put aside your satisfactions, honours, comfort, and joys - indeed, your very life - in order to save me... Is it not, then, only reasonable that I should follow your example and abandon all those things for the salvation of souls that you claim as yours, souls that have cost you your Blood, which you have loved even to death, and of which you have said, "Inasmuch as you did this to one of these least brethren of mine, you did it to me" (Mt 25:40)?"
- Roustang, F. "Jesuit Missionaries to North America".  Ignatius Press, 2006.  P. 182.

+ Sign of the Cross

~ Loving Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, help me to put aside all that hinders me from knowing you deeply, and all that keeps me from sharing your Gospel.

~ Your intentions. 
~ Father, that you may be better known and loved. 
3 x Our Father

~ Jesus, that you may be better known and loved.
3 x Hail Mary

~Holy Spirit, that you may be better known and loved.
3 x Glory Be

~ Take Lord all my liberty.  Receive my memory, my understanding, my whole will; all that I have and possess.  You have given all to me, I return it all to you.  Do with me as you will.  Amen.*

~ Holy Martyr St. Gabriel Lalemant, please pray for us.

+ Sign of the Cross

~Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.**
* - The Suscipe.
** - "For the greater glory of God" - Jesuit motto.


St. Gabriel Lalemant, SJ
From: http://vitrail.ndoduc.com/vitraux/htm3/martyrscanadiens.htm