Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Prayer of Dedication - Spurgeon (contemporary English version)

Prayer of Dedication*

By Charles H. Spurgeon


What the apostle says is, , "To him be glory both now and forever." Today will you make this prayer your own? "Lord help me to make you better known and loved; I am poor, help me to show the world who you are by my contentment; I am sick, help me to honour you by patience; I have talents, help me to praise your greatness by using them for you; I have time, Lord, help me to use it in serving you; I have a heart to feel, Lord, let this heart feel no love but yours, and glow with no flame but affection for you; I have a head to think, Lord, help me to think of you and with you; You have put me in this world for something, Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose; I cannot do much, but as the widow gave her last pennies, which were all she had to live on, so, Lord, I freely offer my time and eternity too to your treasury; I am all Yours; take me, and make me able to make you better known and loved now, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have."


*A contemporary English version